Frustrated Your Music Isn't Getting Heard?
The DIY Music PR Academy teaches you everything you need to know to get featured by music blogs, podcasts and Spotify playlists so you can:
REACH + ENGAGE + GROW = YOUR FANS
INCLUDED: The Pitch that's Gotten My Clients 50,000+ Streams on Spotify
I Teach You How I've Gotten My Clients (All Independent Artists Like You) Featured by Forbes, GRAMMY.com, Billboard, Music Connection, CelebMix, PopDust, Billboard, EDM Sauce, Rolling Stone India, Spotify's New Music Friday, Flaunt Magazine, Violinist.com and SO Many More.
And I Have Great News for You...
YOU CAN DO IT TOO!
PR 101 crash course, a pre-release checklist and strategy development.
See your name in the press (and on Spotify playlists)
Establish music industry visibility and credibility
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING!
"From being noticed by bloggers to developing a compelling message, the DIY Music PR Academy is extremely helpful for independent artists."
- Alexandre Perrin, PhD, Berklee College of Music
“As a direct result of what I learned from the DIY Music PR Academy and putting it into action immediately, I landed press coverage of my new single on an internationally recognized media outlet.”
- Elated, Artist & Producer (@wefeelelated)
Cheryl B. Engelhardt, Award-Winning Composer & Artist (@cbemusic)
Ion Zanca, Dallas String Quartet (@dallasstringquartet)
Cristina Cano (@sirenandthesea)
Fia Nyxx (@fianyxxmusix)
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Kaytee Long Becker is the President of DIY Public Relations, Inc. in Los Angeles and creator of the DIY Music PR Academy. As a publicist for 10+ years she has experience across multiple beats of the entertainment industry including music, film and television. She has worked with A-list celebrities, the hottest must-have products and top of mind influencers. In addition to full-service PR and coaching independent artists, she has worked with many major recording artists and award shows such as the Grammys, Billboard Music Awards and the American Music Awards. She is a member of The Recording Academy.
Kaytee has also been invited as a featured speaker at multiple industry events and for organizations such as CD Baby, The Berklee College of Music and Icon Collective.
As the daughter of a musician (and a hobbyist piano player and singer) Kaytee has been raised with a passion for art, the creator and providing musicians with the education needed to take their careers to the next level.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN FROM THE DIY MUSIC PR ACADEMY:
How To Set Yourself Up For Success
- What PR is, what it's not, and how YOU can use it to take your career to the next level
- The must-have checklist for a successful new music release
- How to identify your goals AND work towards them daily
- How to develop an effective release timeline and release strategy, used by the pros
- If you should release an album or singles
See Your Name in the Press (And On Spotify Playlists)
- How to create a winning press list that you can use your entire career as an artist
- How to write a stand-out pitch that will capture the attention of music writers
- How to write a professional press release and when to use it (and when not to use it)
- How to get writers to actually open your emails
- The top mistakes artists make when reaching out to press
- If it's okay for you to reach out from your artist email (ie: does it look better if it's coming from a publicist)
- How to become a part of a larger story (this strategy has landed my clients in Forbes, Harper's Bazaar, People Magazine and many more)
- The ONE step most artists almost never do and NEED TO for success (it's landed me 80% of my placements)
Establish Industry Credibility and Visibility
- How to humble brag about your recent press wins
- How to maximize the value of your press coverage and how it can effectively help build your fan base and industry cred. (This has also led to publishing deals for my clients)
The DIY Music PR Bootcamp
is for independent musicians
(of any and every genre),
publicists, managers and
anyone else looking to
learn how to up-level
their career (or client's career)
(FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY)
Templates and Real-Life Examples
I include multiple examples of my pitches with links to the press placements they've landed. Also included:
- Successful pitches to Spotify curators
- Multiple press release examples
- Template for building your own press list
- Template for your personal PR report
(FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY)
At What Point Should You Hire a Publicist?
You're completely capable of doing your own PR. However, at some point it may be time to hire someone and I can't tell you how important it is for that person or firm to be the right fit for YOU. I give you a list of questions to ask to make sure you're hiring someone (at the right time in your career) who will make it worth your money!I WANT THIS!
"Every musician should understand the process of PR and how crucial it is for a new music release. Kaytee empowers you to grab the bull by the horns and take the fate of your PR (and your career) into your own hands."